Chapter Books ages 9-12ish

Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Day 698 of quarantine. 
Good granite. 
We got this. 
We are doing it.  

So, while we are doing this thang, here are some more books you can bribe your kids to read. My gift closet is running low because I have given every gift out to entice people to do things. 

On a deeper level, just waking up is enough. You are enough. Without trying to homeschool kids, work, clean, fix supper, etc, etc or get them to read something. Jesus died for us when we were still sinners. STILL! So, even we are a train wreck, He died for you and me. And not only that, He loves us! And he likes us! Oh dude- we need that today. And everyday. 

Back to the books...enjoy!


We loved this one because its a good story but also has recipes. We do love a good book with recipes! 


I actually read this to my girls a few years ago. I fell in love with this family and I learned so much about Jewish holidays. There are several others however the order is quite confusing. After this first book,  the author wrote the next one but the publishers felt that it was too heavy of material for children. So, Taylor wrote another one but the orginal was published years letter. The little boy in the familys' age jumps around in each of the books. That was confusing even for me to try to get you to understand. Whatever. The books are good. 



When we first learned about Clementine, I read this aloud or parts of it to my girls . Its laugh out hilarious! There are many more in this series. 



This book was recommended by my mom. I had a really hard time finding it. The first one I located on the internets was $80! I kept looking for several months and found one for maybe $6. It was a steal compared to $80! Its a story about a family taking over a hotel in Florida, a land they didn't know much about. Slight mystery as well. I do love a good hotel story. When I have traveled with my husband for work, I would stay in some nice and some not so nice hotels along the way. Each one had its own quirks. I look back fondly on some of those hotels. Some, I thank God I am not currently staying in. Whew. 


My oldest read this a few years ago and loved it. A story about a class making up a made up word and taking on the teacher.  It was a hit because the main character seemed like someone you would know in your own school. Kid versus Teacher. Haven't we all tried to do something like this to a substitute at some point? Mine was in 1st grade. We thought we were rock stars. But that dream died quickly. 



Again, another one my oldest loved. My nephew loved them too. Priscilla Shirer, a Bible Study author and teacher, wrote these for her 3 boys but girls love them too. A description of spiritual warfare between God and Satan, Shirer created a world to help kids understand this very real battle. Spoiler- God wins! 

Good one to end on. God wins!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...