Books for Kids

Wednesday, April 1, 2020
After going back through our own bookshelves, I found a few more books that my girls have liked. Or I remembered a few books I gave my nephews over the years.
If you missed this first post about kids books, go here.

Let me begin!

( side note: there is no order to this and I am realizing now I should have had some organization. whatever, welcome to my home. and my mind. )


These are silly and cute. There are 3 in the series and contain black and white drawings. Sisters Kale and Jaundice from Dullsville go on an adventure!

This is a book my 10 year old read over Christmas break and she enjoyed it. 

This is a series of books we have collected over the internet, a shop in Colorado and a cousin in Canada. Its been a hit with my 7 year old and her sister before that. And a read aloud to my 5 year old. Great for animal lovers. 


Let me say this. Alice in Wonderland scared me as a little person and I still might be afraid of it. I put it in the category with Dorothy's Return to Oz, The Never Ending Story and Watcher in the Woods. And Labyrinth. Why would people make these?? So why am I sharing it? Because my 7 year old loved it. And actually the 10 year old too. This edition is part of a group of books by Puffin called Puffin Chalk. Black Beauty, Pippi Longstocking and a few others are others. But with fun covers, my girls were willing to read classics. And after we read it, we went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens to see their lifesize sculptures with plants of the chesire cat and Alice. I was so proud of me for combining reading with gardening. 


There are many of these in this series about Amelia. Journal form. Afterwards, you will want to go get a composition notebook and create your own drawings and diary. These grow with your child. 


I included this one more for myself. For art lovers everywhere as well as journal lovers. Even if you don't like learning about art, Melissa Sweet creates amazing illustrations. She is so talented. There are 4 in this series. Charlotte in Paris, Charlotte in New York and Charlotte in London. A little girl goes on adventures with her family and meets lots of famous artists. Did you know Monet put so much pepper on his salad it looked black? Achoo!


This is a book I first saw in Seaside, then somewhere else and then I finally broke down and bought it. I gave it to my nephew but would be good for girls too. Mystery set in the south. I think there are 4 in this series now.


My older nephew when he was maybe 14 read this. He was hooked! Went on to read all the books by Peter Jenkins. It is an adult book but clean. 

A little bit mystery, a little bit adventure. I read this before one of my girls read it. A brother and sister run away to a museum. Yes. 




I have more books coming today and Friday. I love getting mail and deliveries! I will share those when they get here. Something for you to look forward too:)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...