Jesus in the Nursery: A Literary Holy Family

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

These colors make me want to pick up a baby, pick up a book and read in my chintz covered rocker. And the baby sits in my lap. Very domestic and  and a tad vintage. 

Speaking of domestic, I have been reading a book called The Art of Domesticity. Randomly picked it up at the library because I liked the cover. Little did I know, the content was pretty right on. My favorite part about the book is the lists the author has compiled of movies and books, oh and art,  that offer great domestic scenes. But not a dull, boring way. With children, you are at home more and so let's make it exciting and fun and certainly, pretty. 


So, I give you the nativity set I envision in my home from the 1950's. And I have an Eloise Wilkins book by my daughters crib and we have a fire going just like in Goodnight Moon. And the outside of our home is pink like The Little House. Can you see it? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...