The ultimate DIY

Friday, October 5, 2012



Daddy and Girlie doing sparklers 

I love the outside of my house. When we moved here, we always talked about painting the outside. After a few estimates, we realized it was more money than what we wanted to spend. So in time, I decided to do it myself. Talk about the ultimate DIY! While my daughter napped, I would paint. I did it in sections. I would pressure wash a section, prime it and then paint it with Benjamin Moore's Warm Stone. The shutters are a paint I mixed up myself ( one was too dark, one was too light and voila-my new color! a nautical blue) The door is Behr Golden Cricket.
A few days after Girlie #2 arrived

We live across the street from a pond and a field. We joke that the field is a part of yard and the best part, the city comes to mow it:) The view from the field to our house is awesome. I love it. And I love viewing out our windows at supper at the field and do a little bit of people watching. Its quite enjoyable.
Happy Friday!
walking bridge over pond with field in front and my house


4 comments:

  1. I about died finger-painting a rug...talk about the ultimate DIY! Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember painting my living room during naptimes, can't even imagine the exterior! Love your gold door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already planning my next nap time painting project. I did this house painting when my baby girl was almost one and now I have a second baby girl. I am feeling Iike I need to take on another major project close to second baby girls birthday. Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  3. You have such a lovely front yard! It is amazing, the amount of work you can get done under time pressure. I get all my DIY jobs done whilst my boys are napping. Good job painting the whole house :) I love the blue shutters. Yels x
    http://fourunderoneroof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...