Birthday Party for Grandmother

Monday, August 20, 2012

We had a birthday party for my mother-in-law at the end of July. It was a delightful event and she loved it, which is the most important thing. I had a grand time getting ready for it. Here is what I did:

I made a cake! The cake was a famous chocolate wafer cake. Its old fashioned, sweet and has lots of good memories for my family. I made another one here




The decor. I made tissue paper flowers and hung them throughout my dining room. I got the idea from my pinterest page





More of the tissue paper flowers. 


Here are some real flowers. I bought the fabric on sale(yay!) and plan to repurpose the tablecloth as napkins for her as a reminder of her special birthday. 


My helper is in there somewhere. 


The table. I used cut fabric for the tablecloth. The plates are great paper plates from Target. I had been eyeing them for awhile. There were a watercolor pattern. I am glad I finally got to use them! The chandelier has ribbon draped around it. 


We all loved the cake!


I shaped the cake into a circle. I used flowers I had already arranged and put them in the center. The mint was cut from my garden and used as an accent. It also leaves a nice flavor behind.


One more of the cake...

Hope you enjoyed our party. We did:)

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...