Before and After: Little Girls Room

Thursday, August 16, 2012
My sister and I tackled a project last week. During my stay at their house, we decorated her 3 year old daughters room. We decorated it from the ground up. Our challenge was the wall color. We had to keep the navy accent wall but honestly, it made for a fun test of our abilities. Here is the before:




And the after!



The room came together so well! We used the rug from the boys room (Dash and Albert striped), and the quilt was made by my mom for my niece when she was born. The bed we spray painted.  I say we, ie my sister. The boxspring we covered in a green gingham sheet we already owned. The euro sham was made from a previous Pottery Barn shower curtain and the standard sham in the pink plaid we already had. The frame above the bead houses an old handkerchief I had framed for my sister one birthday.   




This yellow table I bought years ago and even when it didn't work anywhere, I wasn't ready to get rid of it. But we finally found a home for it! The curtains I had already sewn for my bedroom but only decided to put 2 up instead of 4. I wish you could see the edge of them better. I found this darling pale blue grosgrain ribbon made to look like ric rac. Clever. And I have to admit, I used that liquid stitching stuff. Awesome.

this photo was taken before the room was finished but gives you an idea of what it looks like when you enter the room


We are so pleased with our work! And my niece loves it. We rose to the challenge and passed! 

To see more from this home, click here. This is the potential master bedroom. 

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...