Butterfly Birthday Party

Friday, August 2, 2013
We had a butterfly themed birthday party for my mother in law and her twin sister last weekend. I bought the fabric seen below on the napkins and therefore, our colors were turquoisey green, pink, purple and green. 

I wrapped the utensils in the napkins and then tied with strips of our fabric. My 4 year old and I did it together. We also made Japanese lanterns out of construction paper and hung with raffia. It was a nice touch. 



Our cake was a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I decorated the cake with flowers from my yard and thyme( the green stuff.) The butterflies I bought at Joanns which I suppose they are used for wreaths. We also had butterfly wings everyone wore and of course, I don't have a picture. They were cute. 



For the table, I covered it with the pink, purple and green floral. I used vases and cake plates to hold cut flowers from my yard. I always enjoy the final touches of a party- walking outside when there is chaos inside and clipping flowers to put out for people to enjoy. And hopefully, when I come back inside, someone has finished cooking the food!



And supper is ready! The food was good and I especially liked the rolls on the divine cake plate. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...