aqua velvet is something special: a mothers day and fathers day present

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hooray! I finally finished a project! I created new euro shams and shams for my in laws bed for mothers day and fathers day. I made them to match a quilt I made for her a few years back. And actually, it all came from a necklace I made before that! So necklace to quilt to shams all with the same colors. 




This red quatrefoil fabric seems to go with just about anything and its just happy. I have worked on many projects and this fabric always comes to mind and works. I have it in my house as well. 

I lined the pillows in a dark blue linen that tied in with the quilt and would help dress it up a bit and set off the red fabric.




 And that aqua velvet is something special. It is so luxurious! It looked great in my house as well...thinking of where I could put it...




My mother-in-law sent me a picture of their bedroom with the new linens. I was really pleased with the way it all came out and I am so thrilled that they like it too.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...