embracing the rain

Thursday, July 4, 2013
With this rain, I think we are all going crazy. I think every conversation I had yesterday began with talk about this weather. It reminds me of hurricane weather where you just hunker down and know that is how you are going to live for awhile. Sort of like a cold sore or blister. This is the way it is. Let's get over it and move on. 

peaches and hydrangeas from my yard back in May

However, I think the process is really important. The Lord can do a mighty work when we allow it and we don't kick and scream but let God in His tenderness wrap us with soothing ointment. Rain, in our case right now. 

Supermoon a few weeks back at St. Teresa


Rain is healing. Its making my flowers grow. Reminds me of these verses:

10 As the rain and the snow
    come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
    without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
    so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
12 You will go out in joy
    and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
    will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
    will clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the juniper,
    and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the Lord’s renown,
    for an everlasting sign,
    that will endure forever.”
Isaiah 55: 11-13



Put away your umbrella. Embrace the rain and let The Messiah flood your heart with heaven. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...