Baby Girls Big Girl Room

Wednesday, March 21, 2012






My baby girl just got a big girl room. I tried to keep some of the old fabric from her nursery to save money, plus I liked it, but only used it for a pillow. So much for that! But I love red and pink together and my little girl certainly appreciates color the way her Mama does. I knew I wanted to paint the walls pink so thats where we started. After that, I gathered fabrics to compliment the original rug ( from her nursery) and the red and white check( the original fabric from her nursery.) The white iron bed was mine growing up and the white matelasse I already had. It was huge for me to do a white bedspread and mostly white curtains! Some people are afraid of color. I have to admit, I don't know what to do with white. But I think the white here allows the eye to rest and take it all in. The paintings around the bed where in my room in high school so it was fun to resuse things I loved and now my little girl enjoys them. I found the dresser for a steal and painted it to match the red and white fabric. The green armoire I took from her nursery. We will use the crib for awhile and then go to the big girl bed. And I have plans for the wall below the window:) I got the green matching lamps from Target. What a deal and they match perfectly to the armoire. All in all, I am so happy with the room and she loves to play in there! And sleep too- that is key. Oh and the curtains are a white quilt I cut in half. It was less time consuming and inexpensive. I added the pink polka dot fabric to the edge. Hmmm.... what else? Honestly, I feel as though the pictures don't do it justice. I should have taken them during the day so you get the great view of our pond out the window but just know its there:) You can see her nursery by clicking here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...